Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Run for Me

I must run tomorrow. I will run tomorrow. I am running tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I am not increasing my distance. I am not upping my pace. I am simply running. Feet pounding. Breathe forced. Legs burning. Running. Running. Running.

That is what zigzags through my head as I plan my tomorrow. Looking forward to it? Not necessarily. Dreading it? Not that either. Just plain old acceptance. I will run. I must run. I am running.

I love the freedom that comes amidst the work of running. I think when I run. I focus only on myself. 

My thoughts.

My actions.

My life.

I push myself. It is between my mind and my body. No one is asked their opinion. For those sacred minutes- I am free to think about me.

Me.

I haven't thought about me exclusively for quite awhile. This is the one area of my life that I do.

I run.

I run for me.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment