Monday, November 14, 2011

I Would Have Rather Been Running

I was going to run 2 1/2 miles today but with the time change it got dark before I got home to complete it. So I hopped on the stationary bike for 48 minutes. Ouch, I think that it worked me harder than running would of. For one thing, the seat is incredibly hard and my buns were bruised by the end. I hope I can figure out how to develop callouses. The second difficulty was that I had to work really hard and my daughter kept coming over and telling me to stop working because I was hurting myself...How do you explain to an 8 year old that the point is to hurt?

I would have rather been running-

That is actually a good sign. It was rainy and muddy outside today. That is my favorite weather to run in. Tomorrow will start the time when it is more difficult for me to run because we live so far out in the country and are surrounded by fields and woods. I love living here but I have to admit that I don't feel comfortable running down the road on the day that gunshots wake me up in the morning. So I will either take myself to town or break down and buy a treadmill. I really need one but haven't wanted to spend the cash. I feel pretty good with my decision to do the half in January. I worry about my knees though. I have never had trouble with them but now I am. Its just a little bit of trouble so I am limiting my runs to 3x a week and cross training in between.

The more I try to enjoy the experience, the closer I get to feeling like I do actually enjoy it. I find that interesting.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment