Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mine

I did it. I committed myself. No, not to a mental institute...

I committed to running a 13.1 run on January 15, 2011. I am so excited and scared. I am not certain if I am up to this but I really want the bracelet that they are giving for an award. Plus, I knew that if I paid the fee I would run. I was just thinking today as I ran 2 miles at a snail's pace, "Maybe I should find a run to shoot for." This is definitely a run!

I do not have a lot of time to train- 8 weeks 3 days exactly. I can do this. I cannot wait to get my bracelet. Am I a little crazy to say yes? Definitely. Today as I was running, I was listening to the rhythm of my feet hitting the ground and saying, "Have fun. Enjoy the run. Enjoy the peace."

For many, running is something they do to connect with other people. Not for me. I use running to clear my head. I use it to only hear myself- no other voices. I use it to work out the tired frustration that I feel. I cannot invite others into my running world. I cannot go by anyone else's expectations.

The only voice I want to hear is mine.

I'll try to keep you updated on my journey back to the world of running. A world that I stand outside of and watch. One that I want but do not know if I want it enough.

I am running 13.1 miles on January 15, 2012.

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment